- Anarchist Federation social – Thursday 25th Oct (7.30pm) – Winter Buffet pub on Elm Row
You are welcome to pop along.
- Stall – Friday 26th Oct (11.31am) – Outside George Square Lecture Theatre / Main Library
We are doing a stall outside the library to spread the word of our existence. If you want to help, meet at 11.31 outside George Square Lecture Theatre.
- The Word Power Radical and Independent Bookfair – Thursday 25th-Sunday 28th Oct – Out of the Blue, Drill Hall
The Word Power Radical and Independent Bookfair started on Thursday and ends on Sunday night. It is Scotland’s only radical bookfair, and has loads of great talks (for free). You should go down and support it! David Graeber (anarchist) is [hopefully] talking at 2pm on Sunday. For more details see
- Punk art exhibition – Sunday 28th Oct (Midday)- Summerhall
There is a cool exhibition of punk album artwork on at Summerhall, by the Meadows. If you want to go but don’t want to go alone, meet outside at midday. For more details see
- Film Night – Sunday 28th Oct (8pm) – Room 48a Lower, the Pleasance
We are showing a documentary film on the miners strike that shook Britain in the 80s. It’s apparently very good, join us.
- Reading Group – Tuesday 30th Oct (7pm) – Chrystal Macmillan Building Top Floor
Our reading group is meeting, as usual, at 7pm on the top floor of Chrystal Macmillan Building. We will be discussing a rare pamphlet by Colin Ward called ‘Housing is Theft: Housing is Freedom’.
- Weekly Meeting – Wednesday 31st Oct (HALLOWEEEEEEEEN) (3pm) – Room 2.06 Appleton Tower
Our weekly meetings have returned to 3pm in Room 2.06, Appelton Tower
- Polemic: Submission deadline extension
The DEADline for submissions is extended one week. It is now next Wednesday (31st Oct). Email submissions to polemic [at] noflag.org.uk
- Abahlali baseMjondolo representative speaker – Saturday 3rd November (7pm) – Pilrig St. Paul’s Church
A speaker from the amazing Abahlali baseMjondolo movement in Durban is speaking in Pilrig St. Paul’s church at 7pm. It’s a speaking tour connected to the London Anarchist Bookfair. A really rare opportunity to see a representative of one of the most exciting militant poor organisations in the world! You should go.
We will be screening ‘V for Vendetta’ on the 5th November (remember, remember) in Banshee’s Labyrinth, and then going to someone’s garden and having a bonfire and being jovial and sociable. More details to follow.
- “DEMO 2012” – Saturday 20th Nov
National Union of Students demo in London against fees, cuts, privatisation of universities. EUSA are selling bus tickets for £10 return to London. If you want to come, come. This will leave the night of the 20th and arrive back the morning of the 22nd.